At Wyoming Machine, Inc. we combine quality craftsmanship with state of the art equipment to deliver superb, cost-effective metal fabrication solutions. Recently, we were commissioned by a customer in the computer and peripheral equipment manufacturing industry to complete a metal mounting plate fabrication project.
The mounting plate, a component in the assembly of a flight deck for a flight simulator, measured 16.83" long x 12.71" wide x 3.10" high. Utilizing our laser cutting, forming, and welding expertise, as well as grinding, machining, and assembly capabilities, we fabricated the seat mounting plate from AISI 1018 steel in 3 weeks. This project is a 12 gage weldment and provides a good example of the various manufacturing we can accommodate. The forming is complex and the tolerances make this a precision part that requires CNC forming and attention to detail.
Upon completion of the metal forming, we used a powder coated textured black finish, and performed dimensional inspections to ensure the product met the customer's specifications and our high quality standards. The customer displayed their satisfaction with our workmanship when they ordered 50 mounting plates per year.
Wyoming Machine does it right the first time, every time. Let us show you what cost-effective, quality fabrication looks like. Contact us today.
Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication Project
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Project
- This mounting plate is a component in the assembly of a "flight deck" for a flight simulator or flight training device
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Capabilities Applied / Processes
Forming / Bending
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- 4000 watt C02 Laser
125 Ton CNC Controlled Press Brake
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 16.83" Length x 12.71" Width x 3.10" Height
- Tightest Tolerances
- ± 0.002"
- Material Used
- ASTM/AISI 1018 Steel, 12ga Sheet
- Material Finish
- Powder Coat: Textured Black, Cardinal T241-BK59.2
- In process testing / inspection performed
- Dimensional Inspection
- Industry for Use
- Manufacturer of equipment and software for pilot and maintenance technician training
- 50 per Year
- Delivery / Turnaround Time
- 3 Weeks
- Delivery Location
- Minneapolis/St. Paul Area
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 3D Model
- Product Name
- Seat Mounting Plate